Nokia not allowed or cannot undo restriction
If you are receiving the message “Not allowed” or “Cannot Undo Restriction”
You will require the following:
- A USB Cable for your Nokia phone.
- The correct USB Cable Drivers. Installing the ‘Nokia PC Suite’ software that you can obtain from the Nokia website will install the appropriate USB Cable Drivers. You can find it HERE
- A small software application that you can download from HERE.
Once you have all of these, follow the directions below:
- Switch on your phone without a sim card. You should be prompted to ‘Start Phone Without SIM Card’ or similar. Click ‘Accept’ or ‘OK’. Your phone is now in offline mode.
- Connect your Nokia phone to the PC using the USB Cable. Your phone will display several options, PC Suite Mode’, mass storage mode etc… stay in this screen, do not select any of the options.
- Start the SendCodeUsb application you downloaded earlier and click on the ‘Read Phone Info’ button. The application should display several lines of information. If it says “not found” replug your phone into the usb, and then click read phone info
- If the application still displays ‘Not Found’, your USB Cable Drivers are not correctly installed. In this case you will need to uninstall, then re-install the USB Cable Drivers. This procedure will not work unless the drivers are correctly installed. Trying an alternative USB Port may also help. DO NOT move on to the next step until you have successfully installed the USB Cable Drivers and the software can read the information from the phone.
- Now make sure you check the ‘Check For Fbus’ checkbox. Also make sure the ‘Level(1-7)’ selection is set to the appropriate carrier
For ROGERS AND FIDO use +7 or +1
For all Telus devices use +5 or +1
For all UK devices use +1
For all Tmobile USA devices use +1
6. Enter Only The Numbers of the correct unlock code into the ‘Unlock Code (15 digits)’ field (e.g. if your correct unlock code was #pw+123456789012345+1# you would enter only 123456789012345 in this field)
7. Click on the ‘Send Unlock Code’ button. The application should confirm that your Nokia phone is now unlocked.