Xperia X10 Unlocking Software Guide:
* Xperia X10
* Xperia X10i
* Xperia X10a
Please make sure:
* Your X10 is not running ANDROID V1.6, it must be updated to at least V2.1
* You have not flashed custom firmware to your phone
* You must have internet connection
Supported Operating Systems
* Windows XP
* Windows Vista 32 bit
* Windows Vista 64 bit
* Windows 7 32 bit
* Windows 7 64 bit
* (No Mac OS right now)
STEP 1: Install the Drivers
Before you can unlock your phone you must install SEMC flash drivers & ADB drivers, this sounds complicated but is in fact a very simple process.
Make sure you have installed the Multi Unlock Client,then follow this procedure (see the video for further guidance)
1. Go to START > ALL PROGRAMS > MULTI UNLOCK CLIENT > X10 DRIVERS
2. Select the correct 32 bit or 64 bit shortcut folder for your Operating System
3. First run “SEMC Flash Driver Install”
4. Complete the install wizard that appears
5. Second run “ADB Driver Install”
6. Complete the install wizard that appears
7. Next we need to connect the X10 in Flash Mode (some times called boot mode)
8. Remove the battery for 10 seconds and replace
9. With the phone still powered off, Press & HOLD the “Back Button”
10. Still holding the Back Button connect the USB cable
11. Windows will now detect the new hardware and automatically install the drivers.
12. Once complete, remove the USB cable from the phone and power the phone on.
13. Next we will connect the phone with “USB Debugging” Enabled
14. On the phone go to “Settings”
15. Next go to “Applications”
16. Next go to “Development”
17. Now enable “USB Debugging”
18. Click “OK” to confirm enabling of USB Debugging
19. Now connect the USB cable
20. Windows will now detect the new hardware and automatically install the drivers.
21. Once complete you can proceed to unlock your X10
STEP 2: Unlocking your X10
Please follow this 1 step at a time.
First you must open the unlock client and enter your USERNAME and PASSWORD
1. Go to START > ALL PROGRAMS > MULTI UNLOCK CLIENT
2. If you are using WINDOWS VISTA or WINDOWS 7 right click on “Unlock Client” the software and select “Run as administrator”
3. Windows XP, double click “Unlock Client”
4. Under the settings tab, Enter your LOGIN/USER NAME and your PASSWORD
5. Click “Save Login Data”
Now we can proceed to Unlocking the X10
1. Now click on the “SE” tab of the software
2. Make sure that your phone is running a later version of ANDROID that 1.6 (tick the box to confirm on the Unlock Client) or ….
3. If you are unsure if your phone is running v2.1 or later, then connect the phone in USB Debugging Mode & click “Check Phone”
4. Ok, we now know we are running ANDROID 2.1 or above (if you are not then please upgrade your phone and start again)
5. Remove your phones battery for 10 seconds and replace
6. Press and HOLD the phones back button
7. While still holding the phones back button connect the USB cable.
8. The unlock client will now start the unlock process
9. When prompted by the UNLOCK CLIENT, remove the USB cable and power on the phone.
10. Make sure the phone is in USB Debugging Mode and connect the USB Cable again
11. The UNLOCK CLIENT will now complete the unlock
PHONE IS NOW UNLOCKED!