How to Find Blackberry MEP Method 2
How to find the MEP of your Blackberry
If you have received a code error with the Blackberry code we provided, we will require your phone’s MEP in order to find the exact network. Although we may know the network of your device, one network may have multiple MEPs. Please follow the instructions to find your phone’s MEP
1. Access the “Help Me” menu by pressing ALT CAPS H (hold at the same time) from main menu.
For Pearl and other Sure-type phones press and hold the ALT key (Bottom left) and type E A C E
For Storm, hold the BACK arrow, and tap the screen in the following areas: TOP LEFT, TOP RIGHT, TOP LEFT, TOP RIGHT.
2. Find the following 3 pieces of information (these are NOT the MEP, you will use these three items to get the MEP):
a) Blackberry device PIN :
b) App Version :
ie: 126.96.36.199 (233)
c) Uptime :
3. Enter the information above at this site and to get your Key code (it must be in the exact same format, even the spaces):
4. Type the Key code in blackberry from the Help Me menu (refer to step 1)
*Remember to press ALT button for the numbers (ie. if Key is 1A2B, need to press ALT+1, A, ALT+2, B)
You won’t see anything on the screen as the key is being typed.
If nothing happens, go back and reinput the Uptime and App Version that you see in the Help Me menu
5. Open the ‘OS Engineering Screens‘ and go to ‘device information’
Please scroll down and find MEP that is on there.’
It looks like MEP-XX-XXXX
Send us that MEP information
Send this to a friend