iPhone XR Review: Best iPhone at a Budget-friendly Price
So the iPhone XR is now out, so what’s the conclusion? What do people think about the iPhone XR?
The iPhone XR is Apple’s attempt at introducing an amazing piece of technology like the iPhone XS and XS Max at a lower price. Although it comes with a colorful body and a slightly larger screen, the iPhone XR offers superb value to make for a great buy.
- Attractive, colorful design
- Long battery life
- Great performance
- Superb camera
- Face ID
- Portrait mode limited to people
- No fingerprint scanner
- No fast charger
- No home button
- Screen: 6.1-inch Liquid Retina HD (LCD), 326ppi
- Operating System: iOS 12
- Processor: A12 Bionic
- RAM: 3GB of RAM
- Camera: Dual 12MP rear cameras with OS (f/1.8), 7MP front camera (f/2.2)
- Connectivity: LTE, Wi-Fiac, NFC, Bluetooth 5, Lightning, and GPS
- Dimensions: 150.9 x 75.7 x 8.3 mm
- Weight: 194g
Some of the outstanding features of the iPhone XR includes the following
- Perfect Size: If you’ve used iPhone 6, 7 or 8, you may be wondering if the XR can be used with one hand. However, you need not worry as there is only a little difference between the iPhone XR and its predecessors. Its 6.1-inches screen is big enough to deliver an immersive experience without being unwieldy.
- Colorful and bright display: While the iPhone XR does not have OLED screen like the XS, its 6.1-inch Liquid Retina LCD is one of the exceptionally bright and colorful smartphone displays out there. Its 1792 x 828-pixel screen is bright enough to deliver excellent details, plus The Tap to Wake feature which was in the iPhone X in 2017 was missing in iPhone 8 is now in the XR.
- Most stellar Camera: Although the XR lacks the 2x telephoto camera present in the XS, it has the same 12MP wide-angle camera and the same HDR functionality which delivers better highlights in the shadows. The result is a camera that captures high-quality photos like XS in all aspects with a slightly noticeable difference only in its zoom in. Additionally, the rear lens of the XR can only shoot portraits of people as the iPhone will tell you it’s waiting for someone to enter the frame if you try to take portraits of something else. The front-facing camera can also deliver good selfies but not as detailed as the XS.
- Great Performance: The XR is not inferior to the XS and XS Max as they both have the same A12 Bionic chip which means you can rest assured you are getting a phone that beats the best Android flagships. The day-to-day performance is similar to that of the XS and XS Max – snappy and fluid – while the gaming performance is also indistinguishable.
- Excellent Battery Life: Despite costing less than the XS and Xs Max, the XR has a better battery life to meet your needs. According to a Battery Test conducted on the XR’s 2,942mAh battery, you can expect to get about 11 hours and 26 minutes out of it if you’re surfing the web at 150 nits of screen brightness.
The iPhone XR has its highs of which the most prominent include gorgeous body build and battery life, but it might take a while for people to adjust to its size and its lack of home button. In all, the XR is truly a knockout for a less price, and we expect it to be one of the popular phones of the year.
Send this to a friend