Samsung Galaxy S9 is Almost Here, Lilac Purple Color Confirmed
6/2/18: Leaks Confirm that a new Lilac Purple color option will be available as well as High-Speed Wireless Charging! It seems that some accessories were manufactured to support high speed wireless charging that could apparently reach charging speeds of fast charging via cable.
We are not far from the official announcement of the Samsung Galaxy S9 which will be Samsung’s next flagship smartphone for 2018. The launch will occur at MWC 2018 in February. Here is what we know so far:
- 5.8 inch / 6.2 inch QHD+ Super AMOLED Infinity Display (570ppi / 529ppi)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 (NA) / Samsung Exynos 9810 (International)
- 4 GB or 6 GB of RAM
- 64 GB / 128 GB / 256 GB models
- CAT 18 LTE Support (1.2 Gbps theoretical speeds)
- Finger print scanner in the back below camera
- 12 MP Dual Pixel Camera with OIS (f/1.5 & f/2.4)
- Vertical Dual Primary Cameras (in the S9 Plus)
- 8MP Selfie Camera
- Bixby AI Assistant with dedicated button
- USB-C Port
- 3.5mm Headphone Jack (Yes!)
- Fast Wireless Charging
- IP68 Water and Dust Resistance
- Built-in FM Radio (for some countries)
- Updated DeX docking station
- Colors: Midnight Black, Titanium Grey, and Coral Blue
- Bonus Color: Lilac Purple
Samsung has already revealed the launch date for their upcoming Galaxy S9 flagship device; February 25 at MWC 2018.
Apparently, pre-orders will begin as early as March 1 while the handsets will ship out a couple of weeks later on March 16.
Many reports have indicated that the Galaxy S9 will indeed be about $100 more expensive than what the S8 costed. The industry costs for smartphone parts are on the rise and we are already well into laptop PC price territory. We expect for the Galaxy S9 to cost about $899 while the S8 Plus will be priced at $999.
Send this to a friend