How to Unlock Blackberry 9630 Tour
This is guide on how to unlock your Blackberry Tour 9630 to any GSM network.
Phones will often come locked to a certain carrier or network so you cannot switch simcards using the same phone.
In order to unlock your mobile phone to any GSM network you will require a remote unlock code.
How to get an unlock code for Blackberry Tour 9630
Do a code look up to find out if your IMEI number is found. We can 99% percent of the time help you free your phone.
In order to unlock your phone, we require your IMEI number. You can find this by pressing *#06# on your phone as if you are making phone call.
Your IMEI number is always 15-17 digits long.
Once you receive your Unlock Code from us by email, simply follow the instructions below and your phone will be free to use on any GSM network.
Blackberry Tour 9630 Unlocking Instructions
1) Turn off the phone
2) Need a SIM card inserted into the phone (Example: Verizon, At&t, T-mobile)
3) Turn on the phone
4) Go to Settings
5) Go to Options
6) Go to Advanced Options
7) Go to Sim Card
8) HOLD ALT and press: mep2 (Please note that you will NOT see what you type on the screen)
9) Enter the code, Remember you ONLY have 10 chances to get it right
10) Enter it and then press trackball to confirm and your phone is unlocked!
11) A message will appear saying Code Accepted
12) Turn device off by removing battery, insert SIM of your choice if have not done so already. Turning device is necessary even if you have SIM of choice inserted.
13) Turn the phone back on
14) Go to Settings, then Manage Connections, then Mobile Network Options and set the Network Technology to GSM/UMTS.
15) Set Network Mode to 3G & 2G.
16) Press the Back Arrow Button once to exit and save settings.
17) Inside the Manage Connections, set Mobile Network to on.
18) Return to the main screen by pressing End Call and you should see your phone getting signal
19) As a reminder, if you ever remove the SIM card from your phone, you will need to set the Network Technology as GSM/UMTS again
1) If you have issues with the phone not recognizing the network, make sure the radio is on by making sure it is not low on power.
2) If you follow the above instructions and code is accepted with the Network Technology set to GSM/UMTS and still not working, it may be the SIM needs to be replaced with a newer SIM Card.
VERIZON TOURS ONLY: Removing “Activation Required” on the screen or changing the Phone Number:
1) On the main screen of the phone, press Call (Green Button)
2) Type on the screen: ##000000
3) Press the Call Button
4) For the Mobile Directory Number, put in your phone number in there
5) After you have done that, press the Menu Button to Save the options and the phone will automatically restart
6) After restarting, it will be updated
SPRINT TOURS: If you need to remove the Activation Required, you will need to get the MSL code to remove it. Contact me on costs.
How to get the Emails to work on the Storm (Includes Service Books for email to function):
How to Enter MSL Code on Sprint BlackBerry Tour (9630):
1) From the mainscreen of the BlackBerry, press the green call button to enter the phone
2) Type in ##MSLCODE then the green talk button (ie: ##123456 Green talk button)
3) In the CDMA service edit screen, delete the number in the first row (000000xxxx) and replace it with your current phone number
4) Press the menu key and choose save
5) The device will re-boot
6) When the device re-boots, Activation Required will be gone and the active carrier name will now appear.
Send this to a friend